Black Fungus Ke Lakshan Kya Hai (What are the symptoms of black fungus?)
Black Fungus Symptoms and Causes
Black fungus, also known as mucormycosis, is a rare but serious fungal infection that can affect the sinuses, lungs, and brain. It is caused by a group of molds called mucormycetes, which are found in soil, decaying organic matter, and air.
Black fungus is more likely to affect people with weakened immune systems, such as people with diabetes, cancer, or who are taking steroids. It can also affect people who have recently recovered from COVID-19.
The symptoms of black fungus can vary depending on the part of the body that is infected. However, some common symptoms include
* Sinus infection Black fungus can cause a sinus infection that is characterized by facial pain, congestion, and a thick, black discharge from the nose.
* Lung infection Black fungus can cause a lung infection that is characterized by cough, shortness of breath, and chest pain.
* Brain infection Black fungus can cause a brain infection that is characterized by headache, fever, seizures, and vision problems.
If you experience any of these symptoms, it is important to see a doctor immediately. Black fungus can be a life-threatening infection, but it can be treated with antifungal medications.
Here are some tips to help prevent black fungus
* Avoid contact with mold spores. Mold spores can be found in soil, decaying organic matter, and air. If you are working in an area where there is mold, wear a mask to protect your lungs.
* Keep your immune system strong. Eat a healthy diet, get regular exercise, and get enough sleep.
* Take care of your diabetes. If you have diabetes, make sure to keep your blood sugar levels under control.
* Quit smoking. Smoking weakens the immune system and makes you more susceptible to infection.
If you have any concerns about black fungus, talk to your doctor.