COVID testing near you
COVID Testing Near Me How to Find a Testing Location and Get Tested
COVID-19 testing is an important tool for preventing the spread of the virus. If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, it is important to get tested. You can find a COVID testing location near you by using the following resources
* The CDC COVID Testing Locator is a website that allows you to search for testing locations by zip code or city. The website also lists the types of tests that are offered at each location, the cost of the test, and the hours of operation.
Image of CDC COVID Testing Locator website
* Your local health department may also offer COVID testing. You can contact your health department to find out more about testing locations and hours of operation.
* Some pharmacies, urgent care centers, and doctor’s offices also offer COVID testing. You can call ahead to make an appointment or to find out more about the cost of the test.
Once you have found a testing location, you will need to bring your insurance card (if you have insurance) and a photo ID. You may also be asked to complete a health questionnaire. The testing process itself is usually quick and painless. You may be asked to provide a nasal or throat swab, or you may be able to do a self-test at home.
The results of your COVID test will typically be available within 24-48 hours. If your test is positive, you will need to isolate yourself from others and follow the instructions of your healthcare provider.
Getting tested for COVID-19 is an important step in protecting yourself and others from the virus. If you have any questions about COVID testing, you should contact your healthcare provider.
Here are some additional tips for finding a COVID testing location near you
* If you are looking for a free or low-cost testing location, you can search for ICATT (Increasing Community Access to Testing) sites. These sites offer free or low-cost testing to people without health insurance.
* If you are looking for a rapid testing location, you can search for testing sites that offer rapid antigen tests. These tests can provide results in as little as 15 minutes.
* If you are looking for a testing location that is open 24 hours a day, you can search for testing sites that offer drive-thru testing.