Cowboys 20-17 Chargers: Game Recap
The Dallas Cowboys defeated the Los Angeles Chargers 20-17 on Monday Night Football in Week 6 of the 2023 NFL season. The Cowboys improved to 4-2 with the win, while the Chargers fell to 2-3.
The Cowboys got off to a fast start, scoring touchdowns on their first two drives. Dak Prescott threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to CeeDee Lamb on the opening drive, and then ran for a 1-yard touchdown on the next drive. The Chargers responded with a field goal in the second quarter, but the Cowboys took a 14-3 lead into halftime.
The Chargers came out strong in the second half, scoring touchdowns on their first two drives. Justin Herbert threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Mike Williams on the opening drive of the half, and then Austin Ekeler ran for a 1-yard touchdown on the next drive. The Cowboys tied the game at 17-17 on a 39-yard field goal by Brandon Aubrey in the third quarter.
The Cowboys took the lead for good on Aubrey’s 28-yard field goal with 1:33 remaining in the game. The Chargers had a chance to tie the game or win it in the final seconds, but Herbert was intercepted by Stephon Gilmore at the Cowboys’ 33-yard line.
- Dak Prescott, Cowboys: Prescott completed 21 of 30 passes for 272 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed for 40 yards and one touchdown.
- CeeDee Lamb, Cowboys: Lamb had seven catches for 117 yards and one touchdown.
- Justin Herbert, Chargers: Herbert completed 22 of 37 passes for 227 yards and two touchdowns. He also threw one interception.
- Mike Williams, Chargers: Williams had five catches for 85 yards and one touchdown.
- Austin Ekeler, Chargers: Ekeler had 13 carries for 53 yards and one touchdown.
- Cowboys’ fast start: The Cowboys scored touchdowns on their first two drives to take a 14-0 lead.
- Chargers’ comeback: The Chargers scored touchdowns on their first two drives of the second half to tie the game at 14-14.
- Cowboys’ go-ahead field goal: Brandon Aubrey kicked a 28-yard field goal with 1:33 remaining in the game to give the Cowboys a 20-17 lead.
- Herbert’s interception: Stephon Gilmore intercepted Herbert at the Cowboys’ 33-yard line in the final seconds to seal the Cowboys’ victory.
The Cowboys were able to win this game despite a number of mistakes. They turned the ball over twice and were penalized 11 times. However, they were able to overcome those mistakes thanks to a strong performance from Prescott and Lamb.
The Chargers were also able to overcome a number of mistakes. They turned the ball over once and were penalized nine times. However, they were unable to overcome the Cowboys’ go-ahead field goal in the final minutes of the game.
The Cowboys’ victory over the Chargers was a big one for their playoff hopes. They improved to 4-2 with the win and are now in first place in the NFC East. The Chargers, on the other hand, are now 2-3 and need to start winning games if they want to make the playoffs.
- Prescott’s touchdown pass to Lamb: Prescott threw a perfect 10-yard touchdown pass to Lamb in the corner of the end zone on the opening drive of the game.
- Prescott’s touchdown run: Prescott ran for a 1-yard touchdown on the Cowboys’ second drive of the game. He showed great athleticism on the run, diving into the end zone.
- Herbert’s touchdown pass to Williams: Herbert threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Williams in the corner of the end zone on the Chargers’ first drive of the second half. Williams made a great catch over two defenders.
- Ekeler’s touchdown run: Ekeler ran for a 1-yard touchdown on the Chargers’ second drive of the second half. He showed great patience on the run, waiting for
WebJustin Herbert is sacked by Micah Parsons and then is picked off by Stephon Gilmore on the Chargers' final possession in a 20-17 loss to the Cowboys. Web1. 5. 0. .167. 129. 200. Expert recap and game analysis of the Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers NFL game from 17 October 2023 on ESPN (UK). WebOct 16, 2023 at 05:54 PM. Eric Smith. Senior Writer The Bolts are now 2-3 after falling to Dallas by the score of 20-17 on Monday Night Football. Here's the game. WebView the Dallas Cowboys vs Los Angeles Chargers game played on October 17, 2023. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more. WebThat was all she wrote. Cowboys win 20-17. Justin Herbert finished with 227 yards passing on 22-of-37 attempts with two touchdowns and the game-ending.
Cowboys 20-17 Chargers (Oct 16, 2023) Final Score – ESPN
Cowboys 20-17 Chargers (Oct 16, 2023) Game Recap – ESPN, Cowboys vs. Chargers LIVE Streaming Scoreboard, Play-By-Play, Highlights, Stats | NFL Week 6 ESPN, 26.05 MB, 18:58, 246,925, Cowboys Report by Chat Sports, 2023-10-17T04:22:59.000000Z, 2, B-UaBRpKd1tx8M, https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/401547482, 324 x 576, jpg, , 3, cowboys-20-17-chargers-oct-16-2023-game-recap-espn
Cowboys 20-17 Chargers (Oct 16, 2023) Game Recap – ESPN. WebExpert recap and game analysis of the Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers NFL game from October 16, 2023 on ESPN. WebGame Recap: Cowboys win late, 20-17. Oct 16, 2023 – Dallas Cowboys The Dallas defense keeps the high-powered Chargers in check and the offense comes. WebGame summary of the Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers NFL game, final score 20-17, from October 16, 2023 on ESPN.
Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Chargers Live Stream Scoreboard, play-by-play, highlights & stats for NFL Week 6 on ESPN Monday Night Football coming to you from Cowboys Report host Tom Downey. The Cowboys are visiting the Chargers in 2023 NFL Week 6 and are hoping to get a much-needed win after an awful showing last week. The Cowboys are narrow road favorites, which might be a surprise to some.
ESPN is broadcasting the MNF matchup between the Cowboys and the Chargers in Week 6 of the 2023 NFL Regular Season. No way to watch the game live? Look no further, this is a free live stream of the scoreboard along with play-by-play of the game & discussing the Cowboys highlights. Tom Downey will discuss the key players for the Cowboys vs. Chargers, plus NFL highlights, discussion, analysis, top plays, stats and some live Q&A.
Download the Gametime app, create an account and use code COWBOYSCHAT for $20 off your first purchase! Check out Gametime.co for last minute tickets. Lowest price guaranteed!
Cowboys vs. Chargers NFL Week 5 features a ton of great players for two playoff contenders. The top Cowboys players to watch are Brandin Cooks, Michael Gallup, Dak Prescott, Tyler Smith, Jayron Kearse, Trevon Diggs, Micah Parsons, Tony Pollard, CeeDee Lamb, DeMarcus Lawrence, Stephon Gilmore, Jake Ferguson, Tyron Smith, Jalen Tolbert, Rico Dowdle, KaVonate Turpin, Daron Bland, Dorance Armstrong, Mazi Smith, Osa Odighizuwa, Sam Williams, Damone Clark and many more under head coach Mike McCarthy.
Chargers vs. Cowboys live stream is right here on the Cowboys Report and so will our post-game reaction show! That sub button right NOW: youtube.com/CowboysTV?sub_confirmation=1
The Chargers top players to watch are Justin Herbert, Keenan Allen, Austin Ekeler, Joshua Palmer, Quentin Johnston, Joshua Kelley, Joey Bosa, Derwin James, Asante Samuel Jr., Eric Kendricks, Kenneth Murray, Khalil Mack, Gerald Everett, Rashawn Slater and more for a team led by head coach Brandon Staley and former Cowboys OC Kellen Moore.
Head over to prizepicks.com/clns and use code clns for a first deposit match up to $100! Daily Fantasy Sports Made Easy!
Cowboys inactives vs. the Chargers will be announced before kickoff. Trey Lance will be the emergency QB.
Cowboys vs. Chargers where to watch | NFL Week 6
– Spread: Cowboys -1.5
– Total (O/U): 50.5
– Time / Date: 7:15p ET, Monday, October, 16th
– Location: SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, CA
– TV: ESPN
Factor, America’s #1 Ready-To-Eat Meal Kit, can help you fuel up fast with chef-prepared, dietitian-approved ready-to-eat meals delivered straight to your door. Use our special link factormeals.com/cowboyschat50 and promo code: COWBOYSCHAT50 to get 50% off!
Cowboys highlights can’t be posted here, but they are host Tom Downey’s Twitter: twitter.com/whatgoingdowney
Share this video on Twitter and tag host Tom Downey (@WhatGoingDowney)!
Can’t get enough Dallas Cowboys YouTube videos? Watch more here:
– Cowboys Trade Rumors: Jaylon Johnson, Leonard Willliams, James Conner, Kristian Fulton & Trey Lance? – youtube.com/watch?v=V3b0DlktD8w
– Dallas Cowboys Rumors On Brandin Cooks, Mike McCarthy, Dak Prescott, Trade For Mecole Hardman? | Q&A – youtube.com/watch?v=7_3wTW57Q1E
– Cowboys Trade Rumors On Jerry Jeudy, Patrick Surtain, Courtland Sutton & Dak Prescott’s Future | Q&A – youtube.com/watch?v=niUz7qIA0Ro
No need to follow ESPN on YouTube. Check out Chat Sports for full NFL coverage instead: youtube.com/chatsportstv?sub_confirmation=1
Get in the comments and reply to today’s questions on this edition of the Cowboys Report:
– Confidence level in the Cowboys beating the Chargers? Scale it: 1-10-
– Who ya got? Type ‘DAL’ for the Cowboys or ‘LAC for the Chargers
– Better play-caller? Type ‘MM’ for Mike McCarthy, ‘KM’ for Kellen Moore
– Predict the score of Cowboys vs. Chargers
– Is this a must-win game for the Cowboys? Type ‘Y’ for Yes, ‘N’ for No
– Who needs to step up the most this week?
– SPAM ‘DAL’ if you want the Cowboys to win!
LIKE the video if you want the Cowboys to beat the Chargers!
DeMarcus Lawrence: 13 TKL, 2 SACK, 4 TFL, 1 PBU
Are you part of the Noti Gang at the Cowboys Report? Only about 20% of you actually are! Change your notifications from “personalized” to “all” by clicking the bell icon!
Tom keeps you up-to-date with everything Dallas Cowboys on Twitter: twitter.com/whatgoingdowney
Stay up-to-date with more Dallas Cowboys news & rumors with articles from the Dallas Morning News, Blogging The Boys, ESPN, The Athletic, & Bleacher Report, all consolidated on our Chat Sports website: chatsports.com/dallas-cowboys
#Cowboys #CowboysChargers #CowboysGame #CSPP2023 #ad #CSB #CSCIN #CSGT2023 #CSFM2023
Cowboys 20-17 Chargers (Oct 16, 2023) Game Recap – ESPN, WebView the Dallas Cowboys vs Los Angeles Chargers game played on October 17, 2023. Box score, stats, odds, highlights, play-by-play, social & more. WebThat was all she wrote. Cowboys win 20-17. Justin Herbert finished with 227 yards passing on 22-of-37 attempts with two touchdowns and the game-ending.