the normal range of TLC in India
What is the Normal Range of TLC in India
TLC, or total leukocyte count, is a blood test that measures the number of white blood cells (WBCs) in your blood. WBCs are an important part of your immune system, and they help to fight infection. A normal TLC range in India is between 4,000 and 11,000 cells per microliter (mcL) of blood.
There are a few factors that can affect your TLC, including your age, gender, and health status. For example, children typically have a higher TLC than adults, and men typically have a higher TLC than women. People with certain medical conditions, such as infections, inflammation, or cancer, may also have an abnormal TLC.
If your TLC is outside the normal range, it may be a sign of a medical condition. However, it is important to note that a single abnormal TLC result does not necessarily mean that you are sick. Your doctor will need to consider your other symptoms and medical history to make a diagnosis.
Here are some of the possible causes of an abnormal TLC in India
* Infection An infection can cause your body to produce more WBCs in order to fight the infection. This can lead to an elevated TLC.
* Inflammation Inflammation can also cause your body to produce more WBCs. This can lead to an elevated TLC.
* Cancer Cancer can sometimes cause an elevated TLC. This is because cancer cells can release chemicals that stimulate the production of WBCs.
* Medications Some medications, such as steroids, can cause an elevated TLC.
* Other medical conditions Other medical conditions that can cause an abnormal TLC include autoimmune disorders, blood disorders, and bone marrow disorders.
If you have an abnormal TLC, your doctor will likely order further tests to determine the cause. These tests may include a blood culture, a complete blood count (CBC), and a bone marrow biopsy.
If you have any questions or concerns about your TLC, be sure to talk to your doctor.