Explore the meaning of words What Is Computer with our comprehensive language meaning dictionary. Enhance your vocabulary and comprehend the nuances of various terms. Explore synonyms, antonyms, and examples to boost your language skills. Search through a vast collection of words and reveal their true meanings. A computer is a machine that can be programmed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical Enlighten yourself with the knowledge of language and express yourself with clarity. Start exploring our language meaning dictionary now, in here Inquire Knowledge.
A computer is a machine that can be programmed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations (computation) automatically. It responds to a specific set of instructions in a well-defined manner, and it can execute a prerecorded list of instructions (a program). Modern digital electronic computers can perform generic sets of operations known as programs. These programs enable computers to perform a wide range of tasks.
Computers are electronic and digital. They are programmable machines that perform processes, calculations and operations based on instructions provided by software or hardware programs. They have the ability to accept data (input), process it, and then produce outputs.
Computers have come a long way since their invention. The term computer was originally given to humans who performed numerical calculations using mechanical calculators, such as the abacus and slide rule. The term was later given to mechanical devices as they began replacing human computers.
In conclusion, computers are programmable machines that can perform a wide range of tasks. They are electronic and digital machines that can accept data (input), process it, and then produce outputs. Below is a list of websites that discuss What Is Computer:
1. [Computer – Wikipedia](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer)
2. [What is a Computer? (Definition & Meaning) | Webopedia](https://www.webopedia.com/definitions/computer/)
3. [What is a Computer? – Definition from Techopedia](https://www.techopedia.com/definition/4607/computer)
4. [What is a Computer? – Computer Hope](https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/c/computer.htm)
5. [Computer | History, Parts, Networking, Operating Systems, & Facts – Britannica](https://www.britannica.com/technology/computer)