Find the definition of words What Are Consumer Rights with our comprehensive language meaning dictionary. Expand your vocabulary and understand the nuances of various terms. Explore synonyms, antonyms, and examples to boost your language skills. Search through a vast collection of words and unveil their true meanings. Consumer rights are the legal protections afforded to individuals who purchase goods and services. Equip yourself with the knowledge of language and express yourself with clarity. Start exploring our language meaning dictionary now, in here Inquire Knowledge.
Consumer rights are the legal protections afforded to individuals who purchase goods and services. They are meant to ensure that consumers are treated fairly and have access to safe and reliable products. Consumer rights also give customers the necessary information about the goods and services they buy, and prevent them from being exploited by fraud or unfair trade practices.
The following are the six basic consumer rights:
1. Right to Safety: Consumers have the right to be protected against products that are hazardous to their health or life.
2. Right to Information: Consumers have the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods or services.
3. Right to Choose: Consumers have the right to choose from a variety of products at competitive prices.
4. Right to be Heard: Consumers have the right to be heard in case of any complaints or grievances.
5. Right to Redressal: Consumers have the right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices or exploitation.
6. Right to Consumer Education: Consumers have the right to be educated about their rights and responsibilities.
Consumer protection laws are made to protect consumers from fraudulent business practices, defective products, and dangerous goods and services. The Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Consumer Protection stops unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by collecting reports from consumers and conducting investigations, suing companies and people that break the law, developing rules to maintain a fair marketplace, and educating consumers and businesses about their rights and responsibilities.
Here is a list of websites that discuss What Are Consumer Rights:
– [Federal Trade Commission](https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/bureaus-offices/bureau-consumer-protection)
– [Study n Learn](https://studynlearn.com/blog/consumer-rights/)